- Since many of our speakers will be arriving on Friday evening, we have arranged a TweetUp/MeetUp at Jackson's Bistro in Homewood, Alabama on the 27th (you don't have to be on Twitter to attend). We will begin at 6:30 pm. This will be a time where we will have a casual setting to get to know one another and network. It's a great opportunity to build partnerships and converse with like-minded educators. We hope you will join us for what's sure to be great fun.
- On Saturday, we don't want for you to miss any of our exciting speakers. Please be sure to arrive on time. Registration begins at 8:30am and our opening sessions will begin promptly at 9:00 am.
- If you have not registered, please be sure to print your registration form, fill it out and bring it with you. This will expedite the registration process. On-site registration must be paid in cash or check only.
- We are moving towards a more paperless conference this year. If you would like a copy of the schedule and the break-out sessions, feel free to print them off of this blog (on the "Our Annual Conference" tab). There will be large versions of these hanging on the wall at the conference. Also, student ambassadors will be there to direct you. Many of the presenters will be offering a digital version of their presentations or hand-outs that will be published on our blog.
- Come with an open-mind and a willingness to join in the conversations. We want for these sessions to be engaging and full of conversations, not just a day of "sit and get."
- Bring your own device to take notes and participate in the day's events whether that's a laptop, tablet, smartphone or good old-fashioned pen and paper. If you are on Twitter, be sure to add #alnbctnetwork to all of your tweets so that those following the conference virtually will get the benefit of all the great conversations we'll have at the conference.
- LexAmi will be there with books authored by NBCTs as well as books on the topics most requested by you on the interest survey that we sent out several months ago. They will also be having a book signing with Dr. Frank Buck and Julie D. Ramsay after lunch.
- Starbucks will be donating coffee for our event. JCEA and JCAFT will be providing water and snacks throughout our conference day.
Friday, January 20, 2012
It's Almost Here
We began talking about the 2012 Alabama NBCT Network Conference months ago and now the time has arrived. We are so excited to be able to connect and reconnect with one another. There are a few last minute reminders that we want to give you so that you can get the most out of this day of professional development.